Ladies and gentlemen, I’ve finally figured it out. All this time I was waiting to nest, hoping I’d get everything done around the house that needs to be done: wash the dishes, wash the clothes, put away the clothes, clean out the fridge… I even made a list of stuff to do so that when the urge struck, I wouldn’t forget anything. I never once took into account that who I am is so deeply ingrained that I don’t nest like most human beings.
We talked once about how I don’t operate within the bounds of the normal spheres other people exist in. It never occurred to me, though, that it’s in my nature to think unnecessary things are absolutely necessary. I stopped for a moment today and realized that I’ve been nesting for the last two days.
These are the things I’ve accomplished:
- Finished reading the box of comic books my friend lent me.
- Found two pairs of socks for the hospital.
- Grocery-shopped for pasta salad stuff.
- Transfered the latest pictures from the camera to the computer.
- Organized them in the Pictures folder.
- Uploaded a few to facebook.
- Emailed two friends.
- Decided to get my hair cut.
- Wrote a blog entry about nesting.